HyNet offers significant advantages to its industrial partners:
- Access to a job bank of students trained in cutting edge telecommunications disciplines and conscious of commercial validity in research
- Access to experts from various disciplines to analyze, design and fabricate hybrid network products
- Technology exchange between industry, NASA, other government agencies and academia through co-funded projects, workshops and seminars.
- Leveraging of resources.
- Participation in industry advisory board
- Customized workshops.
- Short courses
- Immediate access to technical research reports
- Participation in annual hybrid networking workshop
Led by the University of Maryland, HyNet consists of a consortium of universities, industry, and other entities that have set out to pursue an effort of space commercialization in the area of communication networks that will utilize both statellite and terrestrial resources.
Consortium for Commercial Communications for the ISS
Satellite Industry Task Force (SITF)
- ad hoc Satellite Industry Task Force
- Ground Segment Technology Summary
- Payload Technology Summary
- Development Area - Systems